[Gllug] Warning: copy control CD

Stig Brautaset gllug at brautaset.org
Wed Feb 19 08:05:24 UTC 2003

On Feb 19 2003, Simon wrote:
> >>If it does not you should return it to the store as unfit for the
> >>purpose for which it is sold.
> >
> >If a "CD" really is not "fit for purpose" you could instruct the
> >retailer to repair it so that it works. You do not have to accept a
> >refund.
>
> Can you please point us towards a decent bit of legislation? It'd be
> far more useful when chatting to the virgin staff than "some bloke off
> a mailing list told me" I can just see it now: "A mailing _what_?"

I don't know the rules details here in the uk, but in norway it is the
other way around; the seller don't have to give you a refund, they can
keep trying to repair it for a long time. However, if the seller *wants*
to give you a refund or a replacement instead of trying to repair it
there's really not much you can do about it.

Stig
--
brautaset.org

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk