[Gllug] Predicting using mrtg data

Paul Nasrat pauln at truemesh.com
Tue Feb 4 17:36:19 UTC 2003

I need a quick sanity check here as the numbers are huge :)

I've got our mrtg data from my isp, I've got a perl script which mungs
it all into Mb/s and converts the data to unix time (so I can put it
into rrdtool to regraph).

Can I make the assumption that if I expect a to be serving 5 times the
amount of stuff that I am serving now on a linearly distributed basis I
can take each snapshot measurment and factor it up by 5? Or do I have to
do something funky involving Fourier transforms etc to work out the
correct amplification on bandwidth use.

I'm quite scared by the peak numbers atm :)

Paul

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk