[Gllug] OT: Any one else seeing scans of port 445?

Andy McGarty andy at mac1systems.com
Tue Feb 4 16:12:18 UTC 2003

Hi,

Noticed this afternoon a rise in scans on port 445 (microsoft-ds) on all the servers I look after (both at home and in a couple of telehouses).

Two were probed by the same host 80.139.54.195 but it seems to also be coming from hosts on the same A class as I'm on 217.206.223.70 and 217.207.153.72

I read about a DOS attack on this port (sometime in April 17th) but is it likely there is a worm using it as well?

Anyone else being probed and now if this is another Microsoft special?

Cheers

Andy
aka paranoid of Purley