[Gllug] Problem sending mail with squirrelmail

Bruce Richardson itsbruce at uklinux.net
Fri Feb 7 11:23:19 UTC 2003

On Fri, Feb 07, 2003 at 03:32:47AM -0000, Andy wrote:
> A ping to relay.clicknames.net works ok.
>
> A successful send (via smtp) to the same address gives a different relay?

It would have been more useful to compare it to a successful mailx send,
given that you say mailx works and both SM and mailx are using the
sendmail binary.

What I would do at this point is temporarily rename the sendmail binary
and put in its place a shell script that echos the calling parameters to
a file and appends standard input.  Then I would send a message with
mailx, take a copy of the generated file, then try and send an identical
message with SquirrelMail.  Comparing the generated files should be
instructive.

--
Bruce

I unfortunately do not know how to turn cheese into gold.