War, peace, nazis, Godwin (was: Re: [Gllug] Handing out flyers this Saturday for the Installfest.)

Rev Simon Rumble simon at rumble.net
Fri Feb 14 13:53:18 UTC 2003

On Fri 14 Feb, Jason Clifford bloviated thus:

> If there is a real threat and your actions wont make an even bigger one
> real perhaps.

This is something I've been struggling with recently.  My gut reaction is
towards pacifism: no such thing as a just war.

However I can't hold that view in circumstances such as Bosnia.  For five
years the world sat on its hands and watched a country burn, a people
destroyed.  The only solution in that case would have been military action
against Serbia and pro-Serbia elements in Bosnia.  Of course have a US
President with a sex scandal on his hands and you'll get military action
straight away!

Are we off-topic enough yet?

--
Rev Simon Rumble <simon at rumble.net>
www.rumble.net

"The PROPER way to handle HTML postings is to cancel the article,
 then hire a hitman to kill the poster, his wife and kids, and
 fuck his dog and smash his computer into little bits. Anything
 more is just extremism." - Paul Tomblin