War, peace, nazis, Godwin (was: Re: [Gllug] Handing out flyers this Saturday for the Installfest.)

Jason Clifford jason at ukpost.com
Fri Feb 14 13:59:56 UTC 2003

On Fri, 14 Feb 2003, Rev Simon Rumble wrote:

> This is something I've been struggling with recently.  My gut reaction is
> towards pacifism: no such thing as a just war.

I think you can have a just war but only in defence (and I don't mean in
defence of financial interests!).

> However I can't hold that view in circumstances such as Bosnia.  For five
> years the world sat on its hands and watched a country burn, a people
> destroyed.  The only solution in that case would have been military action
> against Serbia and pro-Serbia elements in Bosnia.  Of course have a US
> President with a sex scandal on his hands and you'll get military action
> straight away!

Bosnia was nowhere near so clear cut.

There were three distinct factions fighting a civil war. We received a
very biased view in the reports shown here.

Jason Clifford
http://www.ukfsn.org/			Sign Up Now
UKPOST.COM	 	           get your @ukpost.com address now...
http://www.ukpost.com/	 	   professional hosting and colocation