[Gllug] Bootable CD's from non bootable CDrom drives

Ashley Evans k0210244 at kingston.ac.uk
Sat Feb 1 14:44:08 UTC 2003

Different distributions have different methods for starting the installation
routine. your best bet is to mount the .iso  with something like:
 "mount my.iso /mnt -o loop"

Then look around the cd for either the boot script to call usually rc.local or
something similar in /etc (on the cd) under. Perhaps a better way would be to
use the boot images included on the cd.

Hope this help,

Ashley.

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk