[Gllug] Library help

Matthew Thompson matt at actuality.co.uk
Thu Feb 27 14:30:05 UTC 2003

On Thursday, Feb 27, 2003, at 12:26 Europe/London, Jean Messerlin wrote:
> What about /sbin/init? The kernel can't load it.

It was a library location issue - when I created a /usr/local/lib (or
wherever it was) and plased the ld lib in there it started working.
But...

> ld.so is the dynamic loader/linker. I don't know much about it, but
> having its
> name hardcoded in the program makes sense: it's the library which will
> dynamically load the others according to LD_LIBRARY_PATH and
> /etc/ld.so.cache.
> (BTW shouldn't it be i386 instead of -386).

I really want ld.so to be in /lib as this is a very minimal root
filesystem (about 500k in total) and each directory adds to the size of
the zipped filesystem - not great when I'm trying to get this all onto
1 floppy.

Any hints as to how I can move ld.so to be in /lib - but only for
certain applications that I compile in the uClibc build environment?

M at t :o)

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk