[Gllug] Handing out flyers this Saturday for the Installfest.

Xander D Harkness xander at harkness.co.uk
Sat Feb 15 11:57:42 UTC 2003

On Fri, 2003-02-14 at 13:35, Jason Clifford wrote:
> On Fri, 14 Feb 2003, Daniel Andersson wrote:
>
> > > Interestingly those of us who spend a lot of time have access to a lot
> > > more information and so can, if we choose, make a more informed decision
> > > than those who rely only upon $MEDIA_RAG or $TV_NEWS.
> >
> > so what you're saying is that if you have access to a lot of information
> > regarding the situation with iraq you are against war?
>
> My personal opinion is that those who have read / listened to more
> information will not support the war however that is not what I said.
>
> What I said is that those who have access to more information will make a
> more informed decision.
>
> If you make the wrong decision that's a question of judgement.
>
> > and i am i the only person on this list that think that war is about the
> > only solution there is to this problem?
>
> It seems that so far you're the only one who's voiced that opinion. If
> there are others who hold it maybe they will come forward now that we're
> discussing it.
What annoys me more is the hypocrisy.  We are making a huge fuss about a
leader who has been shown to massacre unarmed citizens.  Penalises
individuals who were born in the country but adhere to the 'wrong'
religion.  They spend huge amounts on the armed forces and put down any
disagreements using military force.  Those that oppose this force have
very little money and cannot afford the latest weaponry (self-propelled
missiles and helicopters) and therefore have to carry their weapons to
their destination.  This country have also been in breach of the UN for
over twenty years.  Yes, twice as long as Iraq and yet we do not rush to
resolve these injustices and yet they are just next door.......

Oh I must have been mistaken, we are not making a fuss at all about the
war criminal who leads the country, our main ally funds the country to
the tune of $6 billion dollars per year.

....and before someone mentions the Holocaust and 6 million of a certain
religion who died in the concentration camps.  Very little is said of
the service men and women who were also murdered in those camps or dies
fighting during the war. (i.e. those who fought in the war as opposed to
the non participants who are still whining and making films about it
today).  Nothing is said of the 18,000,000 Russians who died fighting
rather than being herded.  95% of those between 18 and 25 of the Russian
population died in the war.

I would like to see a little more fairness and honesty in the actions of
the Western politicians.  If this were so we may have a little wider
support from all nations in the region.

Have fun
Xander

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk