[Gllug] webcams on linux

rich at annexia.org rich at annexia.org
Thu Feb 20 13:08:19 UTC 2003

On Wed, Feb 19, 2003 at 11:44:43AM +0000, Sean Burlington wrote:
> have you read the relavent site ?
>
> particularly this page
>
> http://www.smcc.demon.nl/webcam/nda.html
>
> I agree that open source drivers are preferable - but I can't write one
> - and at least Phillips are co-operating and moving in the right direction.
>
> Note that Phillips don't produce the driver.

It's actually only 3000 lines of assembler (less, in fact because
I'm counting lines of dead code). So about 300 lines of C code?
Reverse engineer it in a day or so.

Rich.

[Having said that, the real problems are things like the NVidia
drivers, which are a heck of a lot bigger than this one and could
take months of reverse engineering work.]

--
Richard Jones, Red Hat Inc. (London, UK) http://www.redhat.com/software/ccm
http://www.annexia.org/ Freshmeat projects: http://freshmeat.net/users/rwmj

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk