[Gllug] DHCP + DNS updates

Formi formi at blueyonder.co.uk
Thu Feb 20 13:25:35 UTC 2003

 Hello,

 at home I have 2 networks, wired and wireless, the last one used only by
 my laptop. This comprises of a pci-cardbus + orinoco card on the server
 and a orinoco on the laptop. I also use a pcmcia nic on the laptop from
 time to time.

 Now, the laptop gets its ip from the dhcp server, what I want to do is
 to have the dhcp server recognize the mac address of the card, and act
 accordingly updating the bind conf with the proper address/subnet.

 This can be done by hand easily, but I would prefer an automated
 solution, it is not the first time I forget and email from the server is bounced.

 What I am after is the specific bits/directives/settings to add to the
 configuration files of both dhcpd and bind.

 Thanks in advance.

 P.D.: MDK 9.0: bind-9.2.1, dhcp-common-3.0, dhcp-server-3.0.

 Formi
 FreeBSD 4.7 ThinkPad 570
 Linux Registered User #235743

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk