[Gllug] Another Mozilla Question

John Hearns john.hearns at cern.ch
Thu Feb 27 19:07:42 UTC 2003

On Thu, 2003-02-27 at 15:35, chris.wareham at btopenworld.com wrote:

> And if I was feeling belligerent, which I normally am, I'd say
> that the demise of faces was a good thing.

Maybe faces would be a GOOD thing.
Bear with me...
I've often though, as have many people, that it is almost impossible to
convey emotion and tone of voice in emails. Hence the rise of emoticons
like :-) which in my opinion don't do that great a job.
You need to see someones expression to make out whether or not they are
joking, angry or outraged etc.
Hence my idea of a few seconds ago - allow faces on emails, but only if
they are snapped up-to-the-second by a webcam.
So the mailing list can see if you are hung over this morning. Or have
drunk too much coffee.

On second thoughts though, does anyone REALLY want to see me early in
the morning... shudder....

ps. Very, very much tongue in cheek.

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk