[Gllug] modprobe and SCSI devices.

Nick Warrington nick.warrington at automationpartnership.com
Tue Feb 25 15:26:01 UTC 2003

Hi

I have just bought a SCSI card and shoved it in my old pentium box to get a
tape drive working. From the command line I can use modprobe with the module
name as a parameter, the module seems to load and  the devices in /dev
appear such as /dev/st0 etc.

Now, after a reboot the entries in /dev are not there, so evidently the
module is not being loaded on boot. As I understood it, the devfs would
autodetect the device and add an entry for me on boot. Do I need to add a
line in modules.conf and if so what should it look like?

Thanks in advance....

Nick

PS Out of interest I am running MDK9.0

MessageLabs Virus Scanning Service