[Gllug] PDAs

George Saxby George.Saxby at racc.ac.uk
Wed Feb 26 11:14:10 UTC 2003

Hi,
  has any one tried converting the DELL pocket PC which is half the price of the ipaq's and Zauri ?

George F. Saxby
    Systems Engineer
       I.T.S. Team

On Tue, 2003-02-25 at 14:07, Xander D Harkness wrote:

> I have used the Zaurus much more extensively that Linux on ipaq
>
> on the Zaurus.
>
> It is a doddle to upgrade or install a new kernel / os
> It does just work
> There is some great software available that runs on both the ipaq and
> zaurus.
> I have the development zaurus which is a bit short on space; however the
> production ones have double what I comfortably use.
> It is very much plug and play with everything I have used with it
> infra-red to phone (both dial-up and image transfer), the wireless card
> (buffalo) was detected and ran immediately.
> There was no windows tax.
> I have never felt cramped by its abilities in two years, apart from the
> battery and that was solved by buying another.

<advert >
I am selling mine at Ebay,

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=3728&item=3010313840&rd=1

It was bought originally for development, but since then the project have changed, and taken a different route.

</advert>

Walid.

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk