[Gllug] DHCP + DNS updates

Formi formi at blueyonder.co.uk
Thu Feb 20 14:33:26 UTC 2003

 Tet response has put me on the right path, to answer your question:

 Basically my laptop, and in rare occasions my flatmate's hop between
 the two networks quite often, if I don't update the dns records,
 services like samba, postfix, xinetd will get the wrong/out-of-date
 information from the dns server.

 Formi
 FreeBSD 4.7 ThinkPad 570
 Linux Registered User #235743