Fw: RE: [Gllug] Deliberate Opera fudging by Microsoft

Xander D Harkness xander at harkness.co.uk
Fri Feb 7 23:48:53 UTC 2003

On Fri, 2003-02-07 at 18:50, Steve Nicholson wrote:
> Unfortunately this is the type of attitudes we are dealing with when it
> comes to M$ people and some web developers.  See comment from my
> flatmate below, a fan of IE and M$.
Made me laugh, can you imagine how upset Microsoft fans would be if Unix
servers which I guess 95 % of email travels through and Apache servers
running more than 60% of the web refused to pass on emails generated by
any client running on an M$ platform or refused requests from IE
browsers.

I get enough laughs refusing mail from people who cannot accept bounce
messages.  I have more than thirty people a day trying to post to
mailing lists they are subscribed to refused because they will not
accept bounce messages.  (Most of these are normally Hotmail with full
mailboxes).

Have fun
Xander

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk