[Gllug] KMail's disappearing inbox

Jonathan Harker jonathanharker at paradise.net.nz
Sat Feb 8 01:10:04 UTC 2003

Hi,

I'm using KMail 1.4.3 (KDE 3.0.3) Mandrake 9. I have it at work and at home.

So I go and stick a gllug mbox from work into my ~/Mail dir at home, and

*BLAMMO*

suddenly my indox, outbox, trash and sent-mail are empty. They are in maildir
format, which I'm completely flummoxed by. ls -l ~/Mail/inbox/cur/* gives a
big list of files, but they're not showing up in KMail.

It's interesting that the broken mailboxes are the "blessed" ones with fancy
icons. All my other child mail folders (a mixture of mbox and maildir
formats, as I've been using KMail since Mandrake 7.0) are fine.

Has anyone else had this particularly infuriating kind of gyp?!

Do I need to cullybogle the ~/.kde/share/apps/kmail dir?

Or is this the final nail that will encourage me to use that Ximian Outlook
clone or Mozilla's bloat-mail? And no, mutt and pine can go > /dev/arse

Luv Jon

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk