[Gllug] Civilization for Linux

Bruce Richardson itsbruce at uklinux.net
Fri Feb 7 14:35:57 UTC 2003

On Fri, Feb 07, 2003 at 02:07:05PM +0000, Adam wrote:
> Oh think how great the irony could have been if M$ had taken wine and
> produced a win32 compatability layer for linux from it =)

You mean if they'd produced a win32 compatibility layer from - a win32
compatibility layer?  Beyond that, it wouldn't be ironic, it'd be
suicidally insane, given that their business model depends on the link
between applications and OS locking the customer into both.

If Linux were ever to break that monopoly in a significant way, then
they'd do it in a flash, of course.

--
Bruce

I object to intellect without discipline.  I object to power without
constructive purpose. -- Spock