[Gllug] Give Peace A Chance.

Gordon Joly gordon.joly at pobox.com
Mon Feb 17 00:35:35 UTC 2003

>> Anyroad, I will not wear my absence as badge... and I hope nobody will
>> wear their presence in Hyde Park on 2003-02-15 as badge.
>
>What's to boast about? Walking in central London for a couple of hours and
>standing in a park for an hour afterwards isn't exactly amazing.

I was making a reference to Tony Blair's speech earlier in the day.

>I imagine that members of Al Queda also feel that their violence is
>justified because in their eyes there is an absolute moral rightness to
>their crusade.

That appears to be the case.

****

Religion is based on faith. There can be no proof in the existence of God. Hence those who hold a religious conviction can take things as far as they want, since no proof is required of anything.

****

London and other parts of the UK have been bombed for 25 years. The fight against terrorism is a tricky one. In the film "Brazil" a bomb goes off and a government minister is questioned. The interviewer points out that the terror attacks have been going for 17 years.

"Beginner's luck" says the Minister.

Gordo

--
Linux User No. 256022///