[Gllug] Mozilla Question

Mike Brodbelt mike at coruscant.demon.co.uk
Tue Feb 25 20:28:24 UTC 2003

OK, so I decided to take my life in my hands and install the backport of
GNOME 2.2 for Woody on my Debian box. This have, on the whole gone OK,
but I'm left with one particularly annoying UI problem...

I was using Mozilla 1.0.1 for Woody, which was fine. I don;t like
windows cluttering things up, and had got into the habit of opening
links in a new tab, which I did by right clicking the link, and choosing
"Open Link in New Tab". This was the top option on the right click menu.
Now I have Mozilla 1.2.1, and the top option has become "Open Link in
new Window" - the new tab option has moved beneath it to second place.
I'm now forever opening new windows, cursing, and closing them again.

Can anyone tell me if there's a way to change the order back.... Before
I go insane, and start hunting down Mozilla developers.... I could swear
someone thought this would be a good joke to play on the userbase one
night.

Mike.

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk