[Gllug] PDAs

Matthew Allum breakfast at 10.am
Thu Feb 27 09:30:41 UTC 2003

on Thu, Feb 27, 2003 at 12:32:47AM +0000, Pete Ryland wrote:
> Familiar is another thing
> though.

Handhelds.org distro 'morphed' into familiar sometime around early
2001.

> > Well its a good job not everyone takes that opinion, or your zuarus would
> > have serious problems / increased cost.
>
> The LGPL is looked down on not because of cost.  Please do read the link.
> Trolltech are not an evil company.  They are *very* much
> pro-freedom.

Sure, I dont think of Trolltech as an evil company at all. All I was
pointing out is that Im sure Sharp paid no royalties to kernel
developers, yet they 'link to' a closed binary only driver. Im not
sure what C library the Zuarus uses but I suspect its LGPL too.

    -- Matthew

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk