[Gllug] Another Mozilla Question

Tethys tet at accucard.com
Wed Feb 26 14:24:33 UTC 2003

chris.wareham at btopenworld.com writes:

>Skipstone does what I (and possibly others) always hoped Galeon
>would do, by providing a stripped down GTK  shell for the Gecko
>renderer. The only dependencies are the GTK  libraries (no GNOME
>stuff), making it very usable even on my 110Mhz Sparc 5.

Yes, I was disgusted when galeon came out. I was expecting a stripped
down Mozilla, but instead, I got a bloated GNOME-dependent mess. Last
time I looked at it, skipstone wasn't ready for day to day use, but
that was a while ago now. Maybe I'll give it another go. In actual
fact, Moore's law has ensured that even the full fat version of Mozilla
works fine on most of my hardware, but there are still exceptions
(the Playstation 2 being the obvious one -- currently using links,
which is amazing, but lacking some of the niceties that Moz provides).

Tet

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk