[Gllug] Freeserve e-mail variable with Mozilla/Mandrake?

Garry Heaton garry at heaton6.freeserve.co.uk
Sun Feb 23 18:03:14 UTC 2003

>Message: 14
>Date: Sun, 23 Feb 2003 17:09:49 +0000
>To: gllug at linux.co.uk
>Subject: Re: [Gllug] Freeserve e-mail variable with Mozilla/Mandrake?
>From: David Pashley <david at parguild.co.uk>

>Garry Heaton said, and I quote:

>> I've been having problems receiving Freeserve e-mail for over a month
>> now. Most messages arrive OK but 3 contacts have sent messages on
>> several occasions which never arrived and from different ISPs. I know
>> Freeserve will try to blame Linux if make any attempt to rectify the
>> problem from their end so I need to know if there is anything in my
> standard Mandrake setup which may be affecting dropped messages.

>> Garry Heaton

>If they do, just tell them that their mail servers are running Linux
>and exim and sitting up in Leeds[0].

>[0] This is info from about 3 years ago, but I have not heard of any
>change since then. I can confirm if you wish.

Thanks, David. Yes, it would be handy to know if their servers are still
running Linux.

Predictably Freeserve fell back on their "We don't support Linux" line
by which they mean their customer support donkeys don't have a clue
about anything other than Outlook[Express]/Internet Explorer. My only
recourse is to rid myself of the curse of Freeserve.

My question still remains - is there anything in my Mandrake/Mozilla
config which might contribute to dropped messages?

Garry Heaton

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk