[Gllug] Modem woes

Aaron Soutwell aaron at myron.demon.co.uk
Tue Feb 11 11:17:00 UTC 2003

Thanks,

I'm a bit embarrassed really!

I didn't expect it to be a winmodem as it had previously been running under Mandrake 9 quite happily, until I reinstalled.  If I had
thought about it I would have tried a different driver.  So I don't know what I did this time that was different, although I know
from experience that one forgets very easily.

You guys saved me again!

Another question.  I hava an ATA memory pc card for my laptop which I can only access if I start in safe mode and then init to level
5.  Would you expect the order of initialisation to matter in this instance?
Do you know of any adaptors for pc cards for desktop machines?

And another.  Has anyone used PLIP?  I am trying to connect my laptop and pc using a laplink cable.  The pc side seems OK but the
laptop doesn't appear to want to know.  I am using the relevant HOWTOs.  If anyone has succeeded I would be interested as I would
try again.

TTFN

Aaron