[Gllug] DVD and kernel messages

Vincent AE Scott gllug at codex.dyndns.tv
Wed Feb 12 18:47:25 UTC 2003

Martin Stevens(budgester at budgester.com)@Sun, Feb 09, 2003 at 11:26:03PM +0000:
> Hi all,
>
> I'm trying to get my DVD player working,
>
> It played a dvd for a while, with some odd screen errors,
>
> But now it won't play dvd's and i get these message at the end of the
> output when i type dmesg :
>
> /dev/dvd  is linked to /dev/hdc

> ds: no socket drivers loaded!
> VFS: Mounted root (ext2 filesystem) readonly.
> Adding Swap: 489972k swap-space (priority -1)
> hdc: irq timeout: status=0xd0 { Busy }
> hdc: DMA disabled
> hdc: ATAPI reset complete
> cdrom: open failed.
> hdc: drive_cmd: status=0x51 { DriveReady SeekComplete Error }
> hdc: drive_cmd: error=0x04
> hdd: drive_cmd: status=0x51 { DriveReady SeekComplete Error }
> hdd: drive_cmd: error=0x04
> hdc: irq timeout: status=0xd0 { Busy }
> hdc: ATAPI reset complete

it looks like you have errors on both the master and slave device on the
secondary IDE channel.  have you checked the cabling?

--
keys:  http://codex.net/pgp/gpg.asc http://codex.net/pgp/pgp.asc

 The problem with a system that needs competent managers
 is that it needs competent managers.
 --Graydon Saunders

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk