[Gllug] How to have 2 pointing devices under X?

James Bromberger james at rcpt.to
Thu Feb 27 19:20:19 UTC 2003

Hong Chyr (chyryh at linuxmail.org) wrote:
> I am using Linux on my notebook, which has a touchpad built in. While at home, I use a USB mouse since its a quicker way for me to get things done.
>
> The questions is, how can I configure X so that it can enable both pointing devices at the same time?
>
> Any pointers appreciated.

Ha, very funny... any pointers. Well, you can use the input layer that
went in around 2.4.1[6-9] or whenever and use the device
/dev/input/mice, which should (I think) be the input from all mice (ie,
from /dev/input/mouse0, /dev/input/mouse1, etc). I think I saw this done
once, but I myself use /dev/misc/psaux with my Vaio and its touchpad.

Or I am babbling. ;)

 James
--
 James Bromberger <james_AT_rcpt.to> www.james.rcpt.to
 Remainder moved to http://www.james.rcpt.to/james/sig.html

I am in London on UK mobile +44 7952 042920.