[Gllug] apache ssl

Tethys tet at accucard.com
Wed Jan 15 09:41:25 UTC 2003

Leigh Mason writes:

><VirtualHost singleIpAddress>
>    ServerName www.virtualhost1.co.uk
>    ProxyPass / http://backendserver/virtualhost1
>    ProxyPassReverse / http://backendserver/virtualhost1
></VirtualHost>
>
>Currently, a request for: http://www.virtualhost1/home.html  will be
>successfully retrieved from: backendserver/home.html But would it be
>possible to pass a request for https://www.virtualhost1/secure.html to
>backendserver/secure.html?

Why are you trying to do this in Apache? Why not do it at the IP level?
I.e., just route the required IP address directly to the backend server?
Since you've specified https, you're not using name based virtual hosting[1],
which would be the only reason you'd need Apache.

Tet

[1] I was reading somewhere that future versions of Apache will support
    name based SSL virtual hosting. Impossible, you might think, but it
    apparently involves initiating the connection in plain text, so you
    get the headers, and then negotiating encryption once you know for
    which virtual host it's destined.

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk