[Gllug] Size of tmpfs

Adam Bower abower at thebowery.co.uk
Fri Jan 10 11:55:26 UTC 2003

On Fri, Jan 10, 2003 at 09:22:19AM +0000, Dylan wrote:

> Now, I'd like to get the contents of /var/tmp into the tmpfs as well.
> Obviously I could set up two tmpfs's - one for /tmp and one for /var/tmp.
> Would it be possible/advisable to set up a link from one to the other (i.e. a
> link from /var/tmp to /tmp ?)

Unless I am mistaken the tmpfs contents of /tmp are not preserved over reboots?
in which case it would breach the Linux fhs
http://www.pathname.com/fhs/2.2/fhs-5.15.html

"5.15 /var/tmp : Temporary files preserved between system reboots" although if
this would be a problem or not would be down to you.

Adam
--
"Step away from the Cathedral, This Bazaar is loaded"
jabberid = quinophex at jabber.earth.li

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk