[Gllug] gllug internet cafe

Tim Bateman tim at bash.sh
Fri Jan 3 01:31:17 UTC 2003

The charity seems a good idea and:
<snip>
	A charity must be set up to help the public and not particular
	individuals.

	Charitable purposes can be broken down into these four main categories :

	o	the relief of the poor, handicapped and the aged;
	o	the advancement of education;
	o	the advancement of religion;
	o	other charitable purposes which help and benefit the community.
</snip> [from http://www.charitycommission.gov.uk/registration/faqpage.asp]

on my reckoning thats 2 (3 is tuxisum is a religion?) out of 4.
Not a bad start.

Another idea which could catch on in city environment is a kind'a
"office away from the office" setup, openoffice on the workstation
and customers can do there work somewhere else from there normal
four walls.??

-Tim

PS. i personally couldn't think of a single self-respecting geek
who wouldn't love to work in a coffee (or hot chocolate if thats your
thing :) selling internet cafe with linux boxes.

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk