[Gllug] ppp connection to GPRS modem

Andre Newman andre at dinkum.org.uk
Sun Jan 5 00:38:21 UTC 2003

> phone but then comes up with "Temporary Network problem" but if I
> connect to a WAP service thru the phone itself then it works OK, the
> little 'G' comes up in the corner and I'm surfing using GPRS

Might be unrelated but I had a similar problem with the boss's GPRS phone
& laptop just before Christmas, GPRS wap browsing was fine but no IRDA
access. I discovered that you need a different type of GPRS account if you
want to use anything other than the phone itself!!

It took about a week for Vodafone in this case to enable an "Internet AP"
for the account, O2 may be a different setup but it might be the problem.
Might have been an "Internet IP" (seems likely) the muppet on the phone
was barely intelligable so who knows.

Hope this helps

Andre

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk