[Gllug] Vigor 2200E

Alan Peery peery at io.com
Mon Jan 27 22:31:00 UTC 2003

michael norman wrote:

>I have just had to return my Vigor 2200E after three weeks use as it died
>completely overnight.
>
>Has anybody else much experience of this and or any other Vigor products ?  Is
>reliability a known problem ?

Mine's doing fine, but I've only had it live for about two weeks.  I've
ordered a second one for a friend...

I've seen no real hints of reliablilty problems when I have been
searching about the Vigor, but I wasn't looking for reliability info.  I
can tell you that the four Ethernet ports are switched, and that in the
2600we the wireless is briged onto the Ethernet.  The latter is
disappointing  in one aspect, as you can't then use the VPN capability
of the box in combination with WEP to increase security.

Alan

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk