[Gllug] Serious operation

Formi formi at blueyonder.co.uk
Tue Jan 28 01:23:13 UTC 2003

 If I were offered a P4 laptop for free as long as I wouldn't sell it, I
 wouldn't take it.

 Q1: Have you run hdparm -v /dev/hda1? And the same with the CD/DVD
     whatever thing. Do you have any scsi module in the middle.

 Q2: Have you tried gkrellm with the processor speed plugin? To check
     if the processor speed is being modified.

 Might be some irq/dma weirdness...

 Piece of "nasty" advice, get a knoppix cd, and do some testing, at
 least you should be able to find out if it is because of hardware of
 software.

 Formi
 FreeBSD 4.7 ThinkPad 570
 Linux Registered User #235743