[Gllug] spoke too soon

Chris Bell chrisbell at overview.demon.co.uk
Sat Jan 25 23:39:55 UTC 2003

On Sat 25 Jan, North London John wrote:

> Well, I had a day of using knoppix, before somehow or other the hard
> drive partitions got corrupted.
>
> Has anyone else had such a problem?
>
> I'm thinking that the cause of my problems is Windows98 - it doesn't
> seem to take kindly to having to budge up and share a hd.
>
> Does anyone know of any good websites with info on getting win98 &
> linux co-habiting?

   There is no problem normally, given adequate space for a standard Linux
installation plus a swap partition. If Knoppix is run directly from the CD,
it will normally look for some space anywhere on the disc for a temporary
swap file. If you have tried to transfer it to a new partition on the hard
disc it will probably expect to find a standard Linux swap partition at
least twice the size of the computer RAM, perhaps more.
   I prefer to put Linux on a second hard disc as I can then unplug the
Linux disc if neccessary when I have problems with M$.

--
Chris Bell

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk