[Gllug] Linux cafe

Pete Ryland pdr at pdr.cx
Sat Jan 25 15:26:44 UTC 2003

On Sat, Jan 25, 2003 at 09:27:54PM +0900, BABA Yoshihiko wrote:
> Sexy wrote:
> > Hi!Can anyone tell me what news is of the Linux cafe that was talked
> > about @ the last meeting? Has the project gotten of the ground yet, and
> > if so, how can I get involved in it?Thanks, Rohit.
>
> I wonder if my posting on Linux-Cafe.jp in Tokyo kicked off the talk.

Not sure.  But I'm certain we'd all be interested to hear about anything
similar being set up in other parts of the world.  I read on /. about the PC
Baangs (PC Rooms, for gaming and net access) being touted as potentially the
"malt shops" of the modern era.  Apparently quite popular in Korea and the
US, but the only one I've ever seen in the whole of Europe is in Vienna,
near the Uni.

Pete
--
Pete Ryland