[Gllug] Linux cafe

BABA Yoshihiko baba at daido-it.co.jp
Sat Jan 25 18:34:32 UTC 2003

Pete Ryland wrote:

> Not sure.  But I'm certain we'd all be interested to hear about anything
> similar being set up in other parts of the world.  I read on /. about the PC
> Baangs (PC Rooms, for gaming and net access) being touted as potentially the
> "malt shops" of the modern era.  Apparently quite popular in Korea and the
> US, but the only one I've ever seen in the whole of Europe is in Vienna,
> near the Uni.

There is an interesting cafe called LinuxCafe in Tokyo.  All the
machinese are running different distros of Linux.  The services include
offering CD images (Linux installers) with cd writers.  You just bring
blank CD-Rs and burn your favourite distro.  Also, it provides hot spot
for wireless LAN.

--
BABA Yoshihiko

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk