[Gllug] Wanted: computer.

North London John northlondonjohn at yahoo.co.uk
Fri Jan 31 02:42:04 UTC 2003

Hi,

Guess you all know the trouble I've been having. Caveat Emptor!

In all seriousness, I make this offer:

I will swap my i686 laptop for a computer that will run linux.
My box' specs; 12bmb ram, 10gig hd, celeron 500mhz. Model: AJP 6120n.
PCMCIA Winmodem. All cables, bag, etc. (If you offer a box with a
linux-compatible modem, I'll throw in a Tixie (linux-compatible) modem.)
I'll throw in win98 (that'll devalue it) and word 2000 (with free Mr
Clippy! Damn, I really don't have a talent for sales.)

The hard drive is (probably) fucked, but given that I replaced it about
6 months ago, it's still under warranty, and I'll make sure AJP replace
it. That said, when I last got it replaced, they put a completely dud
disk in, so I wouldn't rely on it lasting long. They obviously have
budget suppliers.

In return, I just want something that'll run Linux. Best specs
(according to my judgement) wins. Bonus points for Apple (unless it's
beige).

John

http://uk.my.yahoo.com

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk