[Gllug] spontaneously unmounting filesystem

Martin A. Brooks martin at clues.ltd.uk
Thu Jan 9 09:15:48 UTC 2003

On Thu, 2003-01-09 at 08:44, Jonathan Dye wrote:
> to be anything in the logs.  Does anyone have any suggestions as to what may
> have happened so I can try and prevent this from happening again?

By default, debian will mount "system" partitions with the flag
"errors=remount-ro" which means that if any filesystem problems are
detected, it will automatically mark the partition as read only.

You should back up any important data from the disk, unmount it, and
then run fsck on it.

Regards

--
Martin A. Brooks, Clues Ltd