[Gllug] Multiple X servers

Bruce Richardson itsbruce at uklinux.net
Mon Jan 6 12:56:17 UTC 2003

On Mon, Jan 06, 2003 at 10:37:54AM +0000, rich wrote:
> On Sun, Jan 05, 2003 at 08:08:47PM +0000, Nix wrote:
> > On Mon, 30 Dec 2002, rich at annexia.org mused:
> > > I have a USB keyboard. It was a pain to make it work with Linux -
> > > you need to compile support into the kernel.
> >
> > Sort of like you have to for other kinds of keyboard, you mean? :)
>
> I mean the USB support needed to be compiled into the kernel, not
> modular.

My experience with USB, particularly with hot-plugging, has been that it
works best if *everything* in the USB subsystem is compiled as modules.
Works fine with the USB hhk keyboard I'm typing this on.

--
Bruce

Those who cast the votes decide nothing.  Those who count the
votes decide everything. -- Joseph Stalin