[Gllug] Install problems again

North London John northlondonjohn at yahoo.co.uk
Fri Jan 10 01:14:28 UTC 2003

On Thursday, January 9, 2003, at 08:59  am, Ian Norton wrote:

> i wouldnt really say that it wasnt a help list :-)
>
> its a list where you can get help yes :-) everyone out there please
> dont be afraid to ask for help :-)
>
> Ian
>
> Pete Ryland wrote:
>
>> On Wed, Jan 08, 2003 at 06:51:36PM +0000, North London John wrote:
>>
>>> I know this isn't a help list, but:
>>>

>> It's not?

Apologies - badly phrased.
I should have said, it's not a newbie-help-list.

But this newbie will ask for help regardless:
(If you say RTFM, tell me where the F manual is)
I've got a laptop with a Celeron 500mhz chip: does this mean I should
get a distro optimised for a 386 or what?
I've googled, but found nowt.
I think this might be the reason why neither Mandrake 9 nor Red Hat 8
is working on my box.

(Thanks for the replies to my last post - I've come to the above
conclusion on the basis of the links you gave me.)

And one other question: is anyone on this list using linux on a mac?
I'm having trouble finding decent information about that. Main question
is whether Linux-from-scratch will work on a G3 iMac.

Thanks everybody,

John

http://uk.my.yahoo.com

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk