[Gllug] VACANCY: Unix/linux System Administrators

John Hearns john.hearns at cern.ch
Fri Jan 3 23:09:51 UTC 2003

On Fri, 2003-01-03 at 21:46, Ian Norton wrote:

> i dont suppose i could do this at weekends ;-)
Who knows?
I would advise though writing to all the post houses in Soho and seeing
if they will take you on in vacation time as an intern.
We had a summer/vacation time person in out group who was really good.

A classic route for getting work in post houses, advertising companies
etc. is for graduates to apply for work as runners.
It is a pretty demanding job though - consisting of helping clients,
doing odd jobs about the company, helping with food service. Going on
'runs' means going anywhere in central London on errands, or to deliver
tapes. But it does give you an insight into how the company works, and
you may be able to get involved in helping out in (say) VTR.
Being a runner is not all THAT relevant to a job in engineering - though
Huw might disagree with me. More for people wanting to get into
compositing, production management, etc.

Me, I'd apply directly to the company for a job in systems engineering,
specially as you have/will have IT qualifications.

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk