[Gllug] Universities and degrees in computing.

Xander D Harkness xander at harkness.co.uk
Sat Jan 4 02:58:22 UTC 2003

John Hearns wrote:

>On Fri, 2003-01-03 at 18:15, Tushar Joshi wrote:
>

>>Yeah someone mentioned Warwick, which although I haven't studied
>>there it seems like a good place, the student bar is excellent
>>

>A friend of mine is a lecturer at Warwick.
>Xander, I can put your brother in touch if he is looking at there.

That would be excellent.

We are taking a trip to Warwick tomorrow as my girlfriend is reading
psychology there.

I am told that IBM UK do the majority of their recruiting at Warwick and
fund a lot of research there.

I was initially concerned about the standard of teaching there as the
second year Sociology students have a hectic six hours a weeks lectures
and about two to three essays per term.  Psychology is a little heavier;
however I would be very annoyed to pay so much for so little if I were
funding study there.

The Science students get many more lectures and have much more to learn,
which is great. :-)

Kind regards
Xander

--
He who foresees calamities suffers them twice over.

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk