[Gllug] Linux vs Mac resident graphics and DTP?

Jim Bailey jim at freesolutions.net
Tue Jan 14 18:47:48 UTC 2003

On Sun, Jan 12, 2003 at 09:12:26AM +0000, Chris Bell wrote:

> > > Yup - I've been running Debian on my G3 iBook for ....er, nearly a year
> > > I think. It rules.
> >

>    The Mac computers may (or may not?) be generally better than PCs because
> of their design, but most people who buy a Mac do so because they want to
> use the graphics and DTP facilities written specifically for a Mac. How do
> the Linux facilities compare?

They don't if you want pro graphics and DTP go Mac OS X and a Dual G4
tower not an ibook.  For a User rather an Administator OS X is very nice
but since I use my iBook predominately for administering boxes and
messing about with Linux a apple/linux iBook makes more sense.  As I
said if you want access to both think about Mac on Linux.

Peace Jim

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk