[Gllug] Any BSD users on here?

Tethys tet at accucard.com
Fri Jan 24 10:27:51 UTC 2003

chris.wareham at btopenworld.com writes:

>A short cut to the "lazy" Linux behaviour is to add the library
>paths to LD_LIBRARY_PATH:
>
>  export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/X11R6/lib:/usr/local/lib
>
>This should cover any hand compiled libraries that make the
>Linux-centric assumption that the linker maintains a database of
>shared libraries based on paths in /etc/ld.so.conf.

For those interested, there was a thread about Linux's dynamic library
handling here a while back [checks archives] -- starting about here:

	http://list.ftech.net/pipermail/gllug/2002-January/018065.html

It sticks in my memory, 'coz I was right and Nix was wrong, and hell,
that doesn't happen very often :-)

Tet

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk