[Gllug] Running out of Inodes on Redhat 7.3 Server

Steven Bellamy stevenb at britishmarine.com
Tue Jan 14 13:31:05 UTC 2003

Hello,

I have a Redhat 7.3 server running squid proxy server.
When the cache starts filling up, the disc runs out of Inodes.
When I do a df -i, the IFree column is 0.

I have to empty the cache (which defeats the purpose of a proxy server!) to
free Inodes.

Is there an easy way to permanently increase the number of Inodes?

Any help would be great!

Thanks

-----------------
The information contained in this message and any attachment to it is
confidential. It is intended only for the stated addressee(s) and access to
it by any other person is unauthorised. If you are not an addressee, you
must not disclose, copy, circulate or in any other way use or rely on the
information contained in this message or any attachment. If you have
received this message in error please inform us immediately and delete all
copies of it from your system. British Marine Managers Limited is
incorporated in Great Britain and registered in England & Wales number
3256463. British Marine Luxembourg SA is incorporated in the Grand Duchy of
Luxembourg as a Societe Anonyme RCS 71026 and registered in England and
Wales number FC022505, branch number BR005527. Both of Walsingham House, 35
Seething Lane, London EC3N 4DQ