[Gllug] Toolkit to write graphical app in Perl?

John Hearns john.hearns at cern.ch
Fri Jan 10 17:52:29 UTC 2003

On Thu, 2003-01-09 at 14:29, Rev Simon Rumble wrote:
> Hi folks.
>
> I have an Ipaq 3130 and want to use it to create a hardware, wireless
> networked mp3 stereo component.  As a stereo component, I want it to
> have a graphical front-end but not a GUI.  In other words, I want it
> to look and act like a piece of stereo gear, not something with
> windowing widgets like scrollbars and buttons.

Simon, out of interest I found this on Freshmeat the other day:
eboxy is a small Linux application for building user interfaces for
set-top boxes, suitable for use on a TV. It reads an XML file describing
a simple GUI consisting of pages, buttons, images and labels, and
creates it on the screen. Buttons are produced from image files
specified in the XML
http://www.bluelightning.org/ebox/eboxy/

But I don't think it will ever go on an iPAQ.
Maybe a better topic for the handhelds list?
Also Python is the language of choice for Familiar.

I just saw this on the Handhelds wiki http://www.wxwindows.org/

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk