[Gllug] Toolkit to write graphical app in Perl?

Rev Simon Rumble simon at rumble.net
Fri Jan 10 11:10:16 UTC 2003

On Fri 10 Jan, John Hearns bloviated thus:

> Simon, out of interest I found this on Freshmeat the other day:
> eboxy is a small Linux application for building user interfaces for
> set-top boxes, suitable for use on a TV. It reads an XML file describing
> a simple GUI consisting of pages, buttons, images and labels, and
> creates it on the screen. Buttons are produced from image files
> specified in the XML
> http://www.bluelightning.org/ebox/eboxy/

Hmmm that's interesting.  Thanks will check it out.

> But I don't think it will ever go on an iPAQ.
> Maybe a better topic for the handhelds list?
> Also Python is the language of choice for Familiar.

Yeah they are keen on Python.  I'm not keen on a language where
whitespace is significant, purely for knee-jerk reasons.  It's just
not right!

> I just saw this on the Handhelds wiki http://www.wxwindows.org/

Yeah this was in Linux Journal a coupla years back.  Despite what the
name suggests, it's not X.  It's C/C++ though, which doesn't suit me.

--
Rev Simon Rumble <simon at rumble.net>
www.rumble.net

God is real, unless declared integer.