[Gllug] odd hardware

Sean Burlington sean at uncertainty.org.uk
Thu Jan 16 11:49:32 UTC 2003

Hi All,
	I used to be a homechoice subscriber untill they brought out a new
windows only set top box - but when I cancelled my subscription I got to
keep the old set top box

this is a box with ethernet, serial port, infra red remote, scart and tv
out ...

it used to take a feed over ethernet and displays full screen video as
well as providing a ppp connection to the internet...

opening it up reveals 16 Meg RAM a PowerPC processor (and a bunch of
chips I don't recognise)

I've tried just connecting to my LAN hoping it would request an IP
address via dhcp - but no joy.

I realise this is probably a waste of time but - does anyone know how I
could go about connecting to this thing - it seems vaguelly possible
that it could be made to run Linux ...?

--

Sean

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk