[Gllug] Install problems again

Ian Northeast ian at house-from-hell.demon.co.uk
Fri Jan 10 20:38:27 UTC 2003

North London John wrote:

> And one other question: is anyone on this list using linux on a mac?
> I'm having trouble finding decent information about that. Main question
> is whether Linux-from-scratch will work on a G3 iMac.

Yes, but it's Debian, I don't know about LFS.

Debian was quite simple, the most awkward bit about the installation was
that I have a slot loading iMac with no eject button on the CD and the
Debian installer does not eject the CD when it wants the next one. It
was necessary to fiddle with a paper clip.

Regards, Ian

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk