[Gllug] Reading an Access97 mdb filey

Stan stan at plato.wadham.ox.ac.uk
Tue Jan 7 15:30:41 UTC 2003

Jonathan Dye (jonathan.dye at automationpartnership.com) apparently wrote:

> Could you replace the database with one that just included views that point
> to a unix based database?  I believe that you can access external databases
> from within Access and I'm pretty sure you can access something like
> Postgress.

Unfortunatly the access file in question contains swipe card numbers,
this is read by a win32 app which then talks through the serial port
to the lock system...so I really am stuck with running a windows
machine and using an access97 mbd file to store the data.

(Well actually the mdb file is created via odbc from mysql server
running on this machine)

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk