[Gllug] Upgrading glibc

Xander D Harkness xander at harkness.co.uk
Sat Jan 18 13:07:22 UTC 2003

Neil Fryer wrote:

>Hi All
>
>I have a old RH 6.2 box, and I need to upgrade glibc to version 2.2.x,
>what's the easiest and safest way to do this. And this has to be done
>remotely?
>
>Thanks
>Neil

I have run up2date on a couple of remote machines and upgraded from 7.1
to 7.3 and 7.3 to 8.0  These worked okay with a bit of messing about.
You have to tell up2date that it is running on a later OS.  The console
based config allows you to do this.

You can upgrade individual packages and it will arrange the
dependencies, or you could run the whole lot.  You might also like to
think about the problems you may have later when RH stop providing bug
fixes for 6.2 and 7.1 which I think is soonish.

Kind regards
Xander

--
George Orwell was an optimist.